Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I ♥ Huckabees

I love this film and I love this trailer too...



In case you haven't seen it, the film tackles, among other things, the problems related to urban sprawl, environmentalism, corporate culture, consumerism, existentialism, Nietzsche, Kafka, nihilism, Buddhism, Sartre, third world slave labor, advertising, objectification of women, oil crisis, post 9-11 world etc., and everything mixed with just the right amount of good humoured despair. Haven't seen it in a long time, I will try to see it again sometime.

Two articles in village voice and offscreen.

2 comments:

Alok said...

Hi Sushil,

I share your alarm even though I find your rather Cartesian approach to human consciousness and other conclusions philosophically dubious.

Thanks for commenting.

Anonymous said...

Oh,I would love to watch this movie.thank you for making me salient about this.
caught in a mad rut,humans tend to lose selves n forget to live,but exist.a decision has been made and the run starts to achieve that n thus we cease to live...but I feel it's achievable to pull self out from the hectic whirlwindish lifestyle to experience what a human is through talking to a human like a human, caressing a few ponderable moments over the bark of the tree....You, he, she or I would taste the poignancy of life

I am ingredienting this in my list...