Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Antonioni

Michelangelo Antonioni is one of my favourite film directors. His "trilogy" of L'Avventura, La Notte and L'Eclisse are three of my favourite European films. I can watch them over and over again and never get bored. Yes, I just love those beautiful and depressed women. Depression has never looked sexier after these films :)

The New York Times has a nice, short article on the occasion of a retrospective of his films currently being shown in new york. Here.

And this is a nice article on his movie The Passenger which has just been released on DVD.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is this? An online diary, a confession?
The first paragraph reads like a blurt from a kid.

Alok said...

ooof itna gussa? kyon bhaya :)

I just said I like his films and his female characters !!

Alok said...

read my previous post, very intellectual and high-falutin and pretentiously so. tell me what do you think...

wildflower seed said...

"I just love those beautiful and depressed women"

Will to Power, Alok? ;)

Alok said...

Hehehe....

But remember, I am a Schopenhauerian more than a Nietzscheian when it comes to sex :))

I think seriously too, these three antonioni's films are very schopenhauerian in their treatment of sexual desire. It is all about short lived and fleeting pleasures and then again prolonged agony and discontentment...like a vicious cycle.